Season's greetings from CUALA!
The Collaborative for Urban Agroecology had a remarkable year thanks to you, our partners and stakeholders throughout Los Angeles.
- with the Empowerment Congress, we engaged youth from throughout underserved communities for the unprecedented LA County Parks Needs Assessment.
- hosted the inaugural Los Angeles Urban Agriculture Summit, which convened over a dozen local non-profits, two days of expert speakers and panelists, with over 150 attendees.
- conducted dozens of soil tests throughout communities aspiring to grow more food
- helped lead advocacy for legislative passage of policies that incentivize urban farming in LA's most expansive food deserts
- collaborated with stakeholders to establish a network of hyper-local agrarian based food hubs
We've got a great year planned ahead for 2017, and a lot more work as well! None of it would be possible without your support, and we're just $3,000 away from meeting our $10k December goal. With your help we'll test more soils, pass more legislation, host more community events, and continue fighting for a more equitable, healthier, and ecological Los Angeles.
Andrew & Ava